Top-10 Tips for Being a Perfect Host
In many ways you’re the most important part of the party. So plan early and try to finish your preparations ahead of time so you’re relaxed and free to enjoy the party as much as your guests. As you plan for your party, try to imagine the party as if you were going to be a guest.
And here, David Letterman-style, are our top-10 tips:
10. Invite guests who mix well.
9. Be organized.
8. Get help: Don’t do everything yourself, either before or during the party.
7. Be ready on time: have everything ready and set out before your guests arrive.
6. Consider using your entire house so different rooms can offer different moods.
5. Mix and mingle. Don’t stay with any few friends too long.
4. Remember names and faces.
3. Notice everything: Is someone’s drink running low or is something about to spill or break?
2. Keep your sense of humor. If something goes wrong, relax.
1. Enjoy the party. If you have a good time, your guests will too.